Salmon tea sandwiches are an excellent tea party food to contrast many desserts. The salty, savory salmon stimulates the palate and provides a balance against the sweetness of tea cakes, cookies, and pastries.
- Smoked salmon spread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, minced
- 2 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- First, prepare the smoked salmon spread. In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, smoked salmon, chives, and horseradish for about 30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Evenly coat each of each pumpernickel bread slices with the smoked salmon spread.
- Layer the smoked salmon slices onto half of the bread slices and close the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread.
- Remove the crusts and cut into either finger or triangle tea sandwiches.
Yields 12 finger or 16 triangle salmon tea sandwiches.