These crab melts are ridiculously easy to make and are a great appetizer if you want to prepare ahead of time and then serve something fresh and hot when guests arrive. Simply prepare the recipe through step #4 and store the food in fridge. When you’re ready to serve appetizers, pop the bites into the oven for a few minutes to broil before serving. This recipe makes a few batches so you can spread them out over the course of the party if desired.
- 12 English muffins
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 10 oz of a sharp cheddar cheese spread
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Soften the butter in the microwave but be careful not to melt it.
- Mix the crab meat, softened butter, mayonnaise, English cheese, and Old Bay seasoning together in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Slice the English muffins in half and spread the crab meat mixture evenly onto the tops of all the muffins halves.
- Further cut the muffin halves into quarters and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Broil the melts for approximately 3 minutes in a preheated oven or until golden brown. Serve while hot.
Yields approximately 96 small bites.