The juices from the strawberries naturally give this strawberry cream cheese pie an attractive, light pink color. No artificial food coloring needed! The pie is very easy to make and incredibly refreshing in the spring and summer months. If you’re planning a strawberry-themed tea, this would be the perfect dessert to add to your menu.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup mashed strawberries
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 store-bought or homemade graham cracker pie crust
- Combine the softened cream cheese, the granulated sugar, and the vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Mix by hand until the ingredients are well blended.
- Mash the ¾ cup of strawberries by slicing them and then using a fork to crush them. Stir these mashed strawberries into the cream cheese mixture. Make sure to stir the strawberry juices into the mixture as well because this liquid will give the filling its light pink coloring.
- Whip the whipped cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Then fold in almost all of the ¼ cup sliced strawberries, reserving a few slices for garnish.
- Spoon the finished strawberry cream cheese filling into the pre-made graham cracker pie crust. Garnish with the remaining strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 3 or more hours before serving because the filling mixture must be chilled to achieve the desired consistency.