- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (16 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients including sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger. Stir until well blended using a wire whisk.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix together these together with the wire whisk until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the batter is smooth and blended.
- Grease two, 12-count muffin pans or line with paper muffin cups. Fill each muffin mold ¾ of the way full.
- Bake the pumpkin muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin center comes out clean.
Yields approximately 24 muffins.